ADB Mouse/Keyboard Recapping

Markintosh

New Tinkerer
Mar 31, 2023
USA
Hey gang,

As I was retro brighting a very sunburned ADB Mouse II, I noticed it has an electrolytic capacitor in it. I have not heard of anyone recapping these but they're going to leak eventually. I have heard people mentioning capacitors in earlier Mac keyboards, but you don't hear about that much either. (I'm not even sure if ADB keyboards have capacitors)

Does anyone have Cap lists for these items? Should we not be fixing these as well as our CPU's & PSU's?

Thanks,

-Mark

Nov 27, 2022
Hey gang,

As I was retro brighting a very sunburned ADB Mouse II, I noticed it has an electrolytic capacitor in it. I have not heard of anyone recapping these but they're going to leak eventually. I have heard people mentioning capacitors in earlier Mac keyboards, but you don't hear about that much either. (I'm not even sure if ADB keyboards have capacitors)

Does anyone have Cap lists for these items? Should we not be fixing these as well as our CPU's & PSU's?

Thanks,

-Mark
Funny you mention that. I have an ADB Mouse II here that had been working fine but I went to use it the other day and it was completely unresponsive. I suspect a cap issue but haven't had the time to investigate further. If it is a bad cap it would be the first I've had to deal with in a peripheral.

Markintosh

New Tinkerer
Mar 31, 2023
USA
Wow-yeah, this ia what I'm thinking about-they're all time bombs-lol

Mine looks good, but may as well replace it while I have the mouse open.