Facebook on Leopard?

Certificate of Excellence

Active Tinkerer
Nov 1, 2021
United Sates
Huh last time I checked (couple days ago) FaceIt was working on Leopard. I’m out right now but will check when I get back. What about a custom TFFx build and fox box or InterwebPPC+ Mobile UA?

Huh last time I checked (couple days ago) FaceIt was working on Leopard. I’m out right now but will check when I get back. What about a custom TFFx build and fox box or InterwebPPC+ Mobile UA?
I've tried them all I think it's my install of Sorbet because I'm on Tiger on Facebook right now in another tab on IWPPC

Update: has to be something wrong with sorbet leopard… no Facebook and only about a quarter of YouTube works in Sorbet but everything works fine in Tiger 🤷🏻‍♂️

Last edited:

z970

New Tinkerer
Nov 19, 2021
I can explain this one ...

Sorbet Leopard uses a custom derivative of the March 2021 MVPS Hosts and foxPEP 2.2 Bloat Trimming Engine ad / tracking / fingerprinting domain blocklists as a base for the system-wide ad blocking feature (enabled by default), and is an instrumental reason as to why Internet browsing in Sorbet is so fast in comparison to regular Leopard.

Because www.facebook.com and connect.facebook.net are widely known and notorious tracking servers that span all over the Web (which they make use of to build a shadow profile of you for marketing purposes among other more malicious uses), it was included in the foxPEP Bloat Trimming Engine in order to better protect the user's privacy and integrity of identity. Naturally, this inclusion then carried over to Sorbet when the two were merged.

Its effects can be disabled entirely by navigating to Applications > Utility Scripts > System > System-wide Ad Blocking > Disable System-wide Ad Blocking. Restart any open browsers, and then try again - although please be advised that overall browsing performance will in most cases be greatly reduced as a result.

I hope that was helpful.

I can explain this one ...

Sorbet Leopard uses a custom derivative of the March 2021 MVPS Hosts and foxPEP 2.2 Bloat Trimming Engine ad / tracking / fingerprinting domain blocklists as a base for the system-wide ad blocking feature (enabled by default), and is an instrumental reason as to why Internet browsing in Sorbet is so fast in comparison to regular Leopard.

Because www.facebook.com and connect.facebook.net are widely known and notorious tracking servers that span all over the Web (which they make use of to build a shadow profile of you for marketing purposes among other more malicious uses), it was included in the foxPEP Bloat Trimming Engine in order to better protect the user's privacy and integrity of identity. Naturally, this inclusion then carried over to Sorbet when the two were merged.

Its effects can be disabled entirely by navigating to Applications > Utility Scripts > System > System-wide Ad Blocking > Disable System-wide Ad Blocking. Restart any open browsers, and then try again - although please be advised that overall browsing performance will in most cases be greatly reduced as a result.

I hope that was helpful.
Bingo just what I was looking for 👍 thanks