Greetings!

Dan

New Tinkerer
Jan 8, 2023
danvanmoll.com
Aloha!

I've been lurking around this great community for a while now so I feel ready for my introduction.. My name's Dan, I'm in my Mid-40s and am a confessing geek dad.

macse30.jpegWhen I'm not at work at a cable network being the executive producer for three national news shows, I am deeply addicted to the everything retro & vintage - kinda stuck in the 80s. I'm using Apple products for almost 30 years now and still have my very first Macintosh SE/30 which is fully functional.

Everything else in short-form:
  • former war photographer (I quit my profession 5 years ago in favor of my little son Tiger)
  • TED member & rookie podcaster/streamer (streaming gaming sessions together with my kid)
  • BBS SysOp back in the early 90s
  • Avid gardener
  • Cigar aficionado
  • Curator of pop-culture
🏈
⚾
= Giants

Find me on Mastodon | More on LinkTree

PS: The Trump-puppets on my desk are not a symbol of affiliation :)

Patrick

Tinkerer
Oct 26, 2021
back in the early 90's i logged into all the local BBS's and shared files / took part in forum posts.

never did call long distance like i heard a lot of people doing. But i thought it was neat when you could use one BBS to call another BBS.

Have you seen the BBS documentary ?

Dan

New Tinkerer
Jan 8, 2023
danvanmoll.com
back in the early 90's i logged into all the local BBS's and shared files / took part in forum posts.

never did call long distance like i heard a lot of people doing. But i thought it was neat when you could use one BBS to call another BBS.

Have you seen the BBS documentary ?

This one on YouTube? Multiple times :)

Welcome! What cable news shows, or are you not at liberty to say?

I suspect we have many prominent folks in our ranks in their respective professions.
I work at ProSiebenSat1 -it's German network so I figured the formats in particular wouldn't be of much interest :)