I Print Six Colors

BPearce

New Tinkerer
May 9, 2022
Very pleased with how this turned out! It took some doing to find a reasonable match for the six colors — the yellow could be a bit more golden, the green a bit more saturated, the blue a bit lighter — but in context, I think the colors work well together.

IMG_0879.jpeg

Yellow, green and blue aren’t colors I tend to prefer (or keep filament on hand for), and I thought I might get by with purchasing a small amount of 3D Pen Filament to get just enough to print two of these models. I found Blue that was a good match, but it proved too brittle to be left unattended while printing; I never could find a suitable Yellow or Green. Eventually, I had to give in and purchase whole reels.

Try this at home!

STL files are here. (They’re attributed to “PierreNick.”)

Orange, Red, Purple and Grey (for the pins that hold the parts together) are from Hatchbox, my go-to filament. Blue is Overture PLA Plus Digital Blue. Yellow and Green are from Flashforge.

I flopped the STL files so the front is the top of the print, for the best finish. (I also used Cura’s “Fuzzy Skin” feature to give the sides a bit of texture.)

I found it necessary to reduce the size of the pins to about 90% to get them to fit without having to use excessive force — and they’re still difficult to insert and remove! I may try again slightly smaller.

Or…Don’t Try This at Home!

As I mentioned, I ended up purchasing reels of Blue, Yellow and Green filament for this project — much, much more than I have any practical use for.

Is there any objection to my offering to print a few of these for anyone interested? If anyone is interested?

Just to be clear, A.) this is not my design and B.) this is a trademark that is not my intellectual property, and I can’t offer this as an item for sale per se. I’m not trying to get around that distinction. (And I certainly don’t want to run afoul of the guidelines of the forum.)

But I was thinking $25 for printing the parts and $10 for postage here in the US would be reasonable. This would allow me to put some of this excess filament to good use.

If interested, send me a message!

Attachments

• IMG_0879.jpeg
    IMG_0879.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 47
Last edited: