iMac G5 The ultimate Retro Gaming PC

Certificate of Excellence

Active Tinkerer
Nov 1, 2021
United Sates
Nice vid. Your mic sounds a little bit muffled to me, like the top end is being cut off (Im thinking around 1-4khz range. Maybe where your mic is located?) Anyhow, fun vid. As I never really gamed on vintage apple stuff, my AIO retro gamer box preference lies in 1st gen Intel imacs as XP sp2 will run natively and all of the console emus I like run very well on SL-Lion.

Reactions: GeekyBit

GeekyBit

Tinkerer
Sep 23, 2021
www.youtube.com
Nice vid. Your mic sounds a little bit muffled to me, like the top end is being cut off (Im thinking around 1-4khz range. Maybe where your mic is located?) Anyhow, fun vid. As I never really gamed on vintage apple stuff, my AIO retro gamer box preference lies in 1st gen Intel imacs as XP sp2 will run natively and all of the console emus I like run very well on SL-Lion.
Happy you enjoyed the video... The muffled sound was actually me recording this too early in my morning... I have a very groggy voice when I wake up.

Yeah I think the early Intel iMacs are also good solutions but they aren't as good at play G4/G5 mac games, but you can run an emulator for MacOS 9 and earlier games.

Seems like there is always trade offs for any system you use.

KingDingus

Tinkerer
Jan 16, 2022
Florida
www.hacksmtg.com
My kids little G5 game station. I would guess between Starcraft, Diablo, and Warcraft 3, this computer gets 20+ hours of gaming a week.
image.jpg

Certificate of Excellence

Active Tinkerer
Nov 1, 2021
United Sates
Suuure, It’s your kids Powermac G5 gaming station 🙂 I did similar with a 17” white intel iMac for my boys. Granted, it was more to transition them off my actual retro consoles and onto various retro 8bit & 16bit console emus. + it looks cool in their room. Of course my wife looks at me sideways when I refer to it as “theirs” lol.

And Happy Father’s Day!

Last edited:
Reactions: KingDingus