Mini Mac Plus Pi Case

GeekyBit

Tinkerer
Sep 23, 2021
www.youtube.com
UPDATE!!!!: Here is the link to download and make your own Case https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5318963

So I have worked with @Stephen to make this. This is still very early days concept of the Mini Mac Plus case for a Pi 4 and Pi Zero w/2. The Idea is you can make this project yourself or the case will also be sold at a later date once all the bugs are worked out. To be very clear @Stephen
Has helped a lot with this The Base model design is his aside from some tweaks to make for an early functional prototype.
Capture.PNG
Capture2.PNG
Capture3.PNG
Capture4.PNG
Capture5.PNG
Capture6.PNG

Last edited:

Drake

TinkerDifferent Board Vice-President 2023
Staff member
Sep 23, 2021
Can you print me one 9x the size so I can have a "Big Mac"?

Reactions: KingDingus

pfuentes69

Active Tinkerer
Oct 27, 2021
Switzerland
I want a 3.5 - 5 inch screen that is 640x480 at least so it is 4:3 but preferable 1024x768 would be best but those are hard to find.... currently we are working the model around a fairly easy to get 640x480 3.5 inch LCD screen
A 5” 640x480 seems a great option… if the idea is to run a Mac emulator there

GeekyBit

Tinkerer
Sep 23, 2021
www.youtube.com
So there has been a lot of work going on with this I know it doesn't seem like that since there hasn't been any updates but here is a big one!

First I had to brake the front and bottom into two pieces, because it was too problematic to fit otherwise.
FrontandBottom.PNG

Here is a shot of the front and the two bottoms
TwoBottomsandFront.PNG

Here are all of the pieces together it still has a lot of work to go but it is printable currently!
all the pieces.PNG

Now here are some Shots of the pieces I have printed so far
IMG_1904.jpg
IMG_1905.jpg
IMG_1906.jpg

ScutBoy

Administrator
Staff member
Founder
Sep 2, 2021
Northfield, MN USA
Looking forward to a Bill of Materials for all the necessary parts, and then it's time to warm up the printer!

Looks great!

GeekyBit

Tinkerer
Sep 23, 2021
www.youtube.com
Okay nearing the finish line So in this version you will need a total of 11 threaded inserts they should be 3M 4mm tall or so. Then next you will need a Pi Zero 2 W or a Pi 4, whatever you can get your hands on. 1-2 SD extension cables dependent on if you have a pi Zero or a Pi 4. Next you will need a USB C extension cable if you have a Pi 4. 40 Pin GPIO extension cable 8-10 inches. 3.5 Inch LCD screen for 640x480 resolution. 40 MM fan , and then a sound system of some kind still working that part out.

So here are the new shots of the Proposed final design. The top has a fan for air intake and on the back is a cut out for a speaker sounds.
FinalRev8.PNG
FinalRev8.PNG
FinalRev8-2.PNG
FinalRev8-3.PNG
FinalRev8-4.PNG
FinalRev8-5.PNG

Lastly here are all the major iterations that got us to this stage

all the current Major iterations.PNG