Releasing my Macintosh Shareware in the Internet Archive, including registration keys and source code!

marciot

Tinkerer
Nov 13, 2021
Hello everyone,

During the early 1990s, I was fairly active developing Shareware for the Macintosh. One of my programs in particular, ScreenChooser, was very popular and it allowed people to customize their Macs with a desktop picture, something that was quite unusual in those days. The program required a registration key for full functionality and the payments provided me with a reasonable income for a teenager.

This week, I've decided to start releasing my Shareware programs for free on the Internet Archive, along with the registration keys and source code (not that I think anyone would want to compile these from scratch, it was a PITA to do with the tools from that era!). Thanks to the Internet Archive's web emulation technology, you can try the software out right in your web browser!

Anyhow, here are the first drops:
I hope you all enjoy these programs! If you like them, consider supporting me on Patreon!

Thank you!

- Marcio Teixeira

Mac84

Administrator
Staff member
Founder
Sep 4, 2021
New Jersey, USA
www.mac84.net
This is awesome... (y) Thank you Marcio!

This is very much appreciated and very cool to see archived. I love seeing this stuff get preserved by the original creators.