Servus from Vienna

Jess-b

New Tinkerer
Jan 13, 2023
Vienna, Austria
Hey Everyone,

So my name is Jess, A Welsh Girl living in Austria with a great wife and a currently grumpy parrot called Geri ( he doesn‘t like winter)

I got my first computer around 1984 I think, a Sinclair ZX Spectrum 48k, and the rest is history. My dad noticed my interest in computers in general and would find new machines for me to use and explore. (To this day I have no idea where he found some of them, he liked auctions sooooo….) I went from there to a 286 PC, then an Amiga A500 and onto another Pc. I got into Apple machines when I got my first iMac, a mid-2010 21.5” machine that was in need of a new HDD I took as payment for a job.

it served as a main work machine for years and was my only Mac until last year. Then I spotted an old G5 iMac for free on Wilhaben (CL for Austrians! ) I got it and now I have around 20 Apple machines along with 40+ other consoles and PC’s. since I meep them at my office, it’s not hoarding, it’s work, right!
actually, my wife has encouraged me to do the YouTube thing as a way of sharing my passion for these old machines, and I’m tentatively finding my way around video making.
I’m happy to have found my way here, having heard Steve (@Mac84 ) recommend the site on a recent live stream. i can’t wait to get stuck in as I work on my many, many old macs :)

Best Wishes,
Jess B

Kai Robinson

TinkerDifferent Board President 2023
Staff member
Founder
Sep 2, 2021
Worthing, UK
Hi Jess - welcome to the madhouse - luckily for you, we cover literally every system going plus, as it would appear - plumbing.

Just dive right in - there's also an active discord server with dedicated channels for each subforum.

Reactions: Jess-b

Jess-b

New Tinkerer
Jan 13, 2023
Vienna, Austria
Hi Jess - welcome to the madhouse - luckily for you, we cover literally every system going plus, as it would appear - plumbing.

Just dive right in - there's also an active discord server with dedicated channels for each subforum.
Hi Kai,

Thanks for the welcome, and I’ll head over to discord and check it out. In the meantime, I’ll be checking out the forum here for a few tips on my stubborn Mac Classic. :)

Reactions: Kai Robinson