(taps mike) Um-Hi There!

2112st

Tinkerer
Oct 8, 2023
Northeastern New Jersey, USA
Hey folks! So...who's this dude with the funny name and the T-shirt? Well, I've been a fan of the prog rock band Rush for 42 years. I'm a writer, illustrator and photographer. Recently, I've been taking a stab at video editing, which I've always wanted to learn. I've been using Macs for 36 years. Here's my latest video below, using weather video and photos I've shot over the last few years. This was edited together on my 2011 27" iMac, using iMovie. No matter how old a machine may be-if it can do what you need, that's good enough. I'll post some artwork in a moment. Enjoy!

2112st

Tinkerer
Oct 8, 2023
RenPic 4 Net.jpgJohn Lewis-Net Final.jpgMifune Samurai Art-Net.jpg

Garrett

Tinkerer
Oct 31, 2021
MN, USA
Might be a "hot take" but I really love listening to Power Windows. I know it's synth heavy, but if I want to get away from that I can always put on Vapor Trails! Rush is my favorite band too. I've been fortunate enough to have seen them live 4 times.

• Love
Reactions: 2112st

2112st

Tinkerer
Oct 8, 2023
Might be a "hot take" but I really love listening to Power Windows. I know it's synth heavy, but if I want to get away from that I can always put on Vapor Trails! Rush is my favorite band too. I've been fortunate enough to have seen them live 4 times.
YES! Power Windows is awesome.

With the exception of one song, I don't dislike pre-1980s Rush. I just think the music still needed some refinement. The only Rush song I despise is Madrigal, on the Farewell To Kings album. It sounds weak and uninspired-a true brain fart. Thankfully, it was never played live when I saw them.