Want to do a memory upgrade on my 04 G4 AL 1.25GHZ.

AeroZenoX3

New Tinkerer
Sep 17, 2023
United States
So at the current moment as the computer stands its currently at 768MBs of ram in stock form. I've ordered an mSata to IDE SSD kit and the SSD to put in the machine and when it comes will have to find a way to get the data on the second drive with only having one device with IDE. But that is for another time, I want to know if it would be better to just get a 512mb kit or go all out and get 2x1GB kits and max it out to 2GBs since I'm staying on tiger I think 2 gigs might be over kill for this G4. Since all I am doing is light work, DVD playback, Movie converting to iPod compatibility with iTunes for my iPhone.
Anything helps even if its little advice :) thank you in advance. Picture listed below of my specs of this G4.
Picture 2.png
Picture 1.png

Certificate of Excellence

Active Tinkerer
Nov 1, 2021
United Sates
If money is not a limiting factor, I’d max the ram simply because I can. You may want to run an OS other than Tiger in the future That could benefit from the increase of 1.2 to 2gb. Also, these boxes are old with grumpy bits and not the easiest to work on, so opening it up just once to do all the work makes more sense to me.