Recent content by Certificate of Excellence

  1. Certificate of Excellence

    G5tember 2026

    I think they make solid era gaming boxes. All of my favorite games from around the TOTC fly on mine :)
  2. Certificate of Excellence

    What did you do to your computer today?

    Today I was able to get Jan.AI working on my kids 2009 24" imac. Jan.AI is an open-source, privacy-focused desktop application that lets you run large language models completely offline on your own computer which is pretty cool I think. There were some issues however - primarily with the super...
  3. Certificate of Excellence

    VCFMW 2026 Should Be Sweet!

    Cool, when I do get the opportunity to go, I know where I’m eating then :) This is the way. 😎
  4. Certificate of Excellence

    What did you do to your computer today?

    Yesterday I “fixed” the BT on my 08 MacBook. This is a Mac I use Pithos to stream music to my BT record player that is connected to some nice KRK g1 studio monitors and that my middle son uses as a retro console station when he’s trying to beat Super Mario World. Anyways, post MX update and...
  5. Certificate of Excellence

    VCFMW 2026 Should Be Sweet!

    What/where is mistuwa?
  6. Certificate of Excellence

    Steve Jobs referencing the future of agents in 1997

    I was relaxing while watching old Steve Jobs and Apple videos when I came across this video of Steve from 1997 where he was asked about agents (I assume deterministic logic based at that time) and Rhapsody. It was neat to see his reaction to the question reaching into for him an imagined future...
  7. Certificate of Excellence

    VCFMW 2026 Should Be Sweet!

    Have fun! Pictures or it didn’t happen :)
  8. Certificate of Excellence

    What did you do to your computer today?

    Today I took a different route to getting cores installed in Retroarch. Instead of a blanket permissions override via terminal, I redirected RA to install cores within my home folder. MX25 locks down the apps default folder directory /usr/lib/libreto/ so while RA will DL the core, it cant...
  9. Certificate of Excellence

    G5tember 2026

    This guy think so too. :)
  10. Certificate of Excellence

    Fitting Big Disks to G3s and G4s

    There’s a funny T-shirt in this somewhere, I just haven’t sussed it out yet LOL 😂
  11. Certificate of Excellence

    What did you do to your computer today?

    Oh yeah, I installed fresh Tiger on a 800Mhz 17" iMac G4 this morning. This is one of those macs that took a tumble off my a wall mounted shelf when its support failed, so Im glad it survived LOL. Its DVD drive is acting up however so I will have ot get into this one and replace it with one of...
  12. Certificate of Excellence

    What did you do to your computer today?

    I was back at repairing my boys MX25 2009 9,1 24" iMac. They were trying to play DVDs and ran into some problems: A.) It would eat the dvd but would not play it and B.) it would not eject it back out. This is the machine I replaced the DVD drive a few years back when its original died so was...
  13. Certificate of Excellence

    What did you cook today?

    Last night I made braised beef (think rich, velvety red bourdeaux wine beef bourguignon) over buttered Pecorino egg noodles. Man it was good LOL. My oldest ate left overs for breakfast, so I know he was a fan as well but he is a big beef lover like my Dad is. Man it was good :)
  14. Certificate of Excellence

    Any of you guys into dirt jump bike parks?

    Well like any true glutton for punishment, post ugly crash healing (literally 3 months in of healing) , I have found my invincibility goggles and am now once again impervious to such things and scoff at the idea of injury and as such have negotiated the purchase of a XL frame Trek 820 hard tail...
  15. Certificate of Excellence

    I finished my office refresh

    Conversely, I guess I can offer those up here too but I assume everyone here already has all the retro Mac they can handle lol. S&H might be a bit steep but I’d box one up good n tight (take the legs off, lots of foam etc.) if anyone is looking for a QS in cont US. I’ve pretty much got most of...