Recent content by Hook Line and Tinker

  1. H

    Hacking the Kodak Reels 8mm Film Digitizer (New Thread)

    I don't think D0926 has been verified yet so there would be a risk in trying new firmware. Based on the serial number, I think it is safe to say it is either type "D" or a new, unidentified variant so don't try "A" "B" or "C" versions. I think the version tool was created when there were only...
  2. H

    Hacking the Kodak Reels 8mm Film Digitizer (New Thread)

    Maybe you've already seen this but post #653 has instructions for changing settings: https://tinkerdifferent.com/threads/hacking-the-kodak-reels-8mm-film-digitizer-new-thread.4885/post-49031 For me, they are not intuitive and I don't think I'm using them correctly so if you figure out the best...
  3. H

    Hacking the Kodak Reels 8mm Film Digitizer (New Thread)

    That card should be fast enough unless it's counterfeit or defective which doesn't seem likely. August 24th "D" version from post #695 should have the stall feature so it's odd that you're experiencing this. When you say, " formatted to FAT32 in the Kodak Reels" what do you mean by that? My...
  4. H

    Hacking the Kodak Reels 8mm Film Digitizer (New Thread)

    What size SD card are you using and is it formatted to FAT32?
  5. H

    Hacking the Kodak Reels 8mm Film Digitizer (New Thread)

    1. I haven't tried melw's #695 but yes, that is the latest and the one I'd go with 2. Yes 3. Stock firmware can be found in post #143: https://tinkerdifferent.com/threads/hacking-the-kodak-reels-8mm-film-digitizer-new-thread.4885/post-43189 I've edited my post #713 to try to avoid confusion...
  6. H

    Hacking the Kodak Reels 8mm Film Digitizer (New Thread)

    Glad to hear you got it working but I don't think you're out of the woods yet. You shouldn't need USB power to supplement the 12V. Sounds like you have a voltage or current issue with the 12V. Is the connector fully seated? On mine you can feel and hear a distinct click when the connector is...
  7. H

    Hacking the Kodak Reels 8mm Film Digitizer (New Thread)

    Glad it helped and hope your unit works when you get the socket in. "proven safe" --- Read the disclaimer in the first post and decide if you want to take the risk. Many have, including myself, and are happy with the results. If you're uncomfortable updating the firmware, some have gone ahead...
  8. H

    Hacking the Kodak Reels 8mm Film Digitizer (New Thread)

    Use "D" firmware for H2825: Post #468 (this thread) https://tinkerdifferent.com/threads/hacking-the-kodak-reels-8mm-film-digitizer-new-thread.4885/post-45585 SD Card Reader Pics: *** These are from the original thread -"Modding the Kodak Reels 8mm Film Digitizer (Firmware Hack)" *** (Post #282...
  9. H

    Hacking the Kodak Reels 8mm Film Digitizer (New Thread)

    This was reported before in post #561 so you're not the only one but posting about it here may help someone else. Thank you for sharing. https://tinkerdifferent.com/threads/hacking-the-kodak-reels-8mm-film-digitizer-new-thread.4885/post-47364
  10. H

    Hacking the Kodak Reels 8mm Film Digitizer (New Thread)

    In post #468, 0dan0 lists E3124 as a known "B" unit. If you think your unit has modified firmware and you want to know what it is, there are screenshots posted throughout this thread that might help or maybe snap a photo of your screen and post it here to see if someone can help. If you just...
  11. H

    Hacking the Kodak Reels 8mm Film Digitizer (New Thread)

    @Eradicator reported a similar issue in post #581 that happened only with regular 8mm, super 8 was fine. I don't know how he got past it but he seems to be back up and running with the latest drops - maybe he can help?
  12. H

    Hacking the Kodak Reels 8mm Film Digitizer (New Thread)

    My model: H2825 I've been chugging along trying the new "D" firmware drops without any permanent issues until last week when I had the exact same symptoms as @milek7 in post #641. Same screen with the squished X at the bottom, unit then goes back to the normal record screen but unable to...
  13. H

    Hacking the Kodak Reels 8mm Film Digitizer (New Thread)

    Quick update on an issue I've seen using post #616 "D" version drop on an H2825 unit. It has happened twice now so I thought it might be useful to share. The first time it happened at about 1900 frames into a 50 foot roll of Super 8 (~3600 frames total/roll). The display froze at that frame...
  14. H

    Hacking the Kodak Reels 8mm Film Digitizer (New Thread)

    I just tried this for you and I see no ill effects. My unit: H2825 Has been running with post #616 firmware since the version was dropped For this experiment: Flashed to "B" from post #143 Splash screen for this variant appeared, then went to normal operating screen as expected No...
  15. H

    Hacking the Kodak Reels 8mm Film Digitizer (New Thread)

    I think you're wise to be hesitant and it's probably best to wait and see if the firmware guys can weigh in. I'm curious if the reports about display issues were on this site and what the symptoms were. Can you list a few of the posts so I can go back and read them? It seems as though the...