Recent content by JDW

  1. JDW

    Apple Lisa 3d Case Project

    Excellent work, @wottle ! I have the LISA FPGA so I am eager to see when that edition of your amazing case is complete. I don't have a 3D printer either, but I tend to use JLC3DP for most printers. However, the downside is they don't have vintage beige filaments. :-(
  2. JDW

    Radius FPD/SE - Rotation Transform/HDMI Output via FPGA Project Board - CLAUDE SESSIONS

    Here is an AI-generated (Gemini) synopsis/summary of both pages of this thread... Reverse-Engineering the Radius FPD/SE Card To date, this discussion documents the process of cloning a 1986 Radius Full Page Display (FPD) 64/68Hz card for the Macintosh SE. The project aims to map the board's...
  3. JDW

    I decided I wanted a WarpSE accelerator. This is what I did to get one.

    Zane’s public statement about that is here: https://tinkerdifferent.com/threads/warpse-25-mhz-68hc000-based-accelerator-for-mac-se.253/page-16#post-21903
  4. JDW

    I decided I wanted a WarpSE accelerator. This is what I did to get one.

    Some will think me odd for saying this, but there have been things that have taken place in the last couple months that have made me shed some tears. This thread too has caused me to shed a few, although for reasons of joy rather than sadness. And believe me, tears of joy are so much better than...
  5. JDW

    Radius FPD/SE - Rotation Transform/HDMI Output via FPGA Project Board - CLAUDE SESSIONS

    Well, I wish to humbly thank you for your contributions to this forum! I'm now looking forward to seeing how your project unfolds over time. Best wishes, James
  6. JDW

    Radius FPD/SE - Rotation Transform/HDMI Output via FPGA Project Board - CLAUDE SESSIONS

    @Trash80toG4 I apologize for not having followed your thread until today. Since you and I do not fear LLMs as some do, I used Gemini to highlight the main points of your two-page thread and compile a progress report. I did that for the sake of newcomers to this thread who otherwise may be...
  7. JDW

    WON'T POWER ON: PowerBook Wallstreet PDQ

    I've been testing the Power button nearly every single day (except holidays) since my past post. Remember, I have two PDQ machines, and neither will power ON normally, even though they both did some years back. I got one of them to power on once and mentioned that experience in this post. But...
  8. JDW

    Apple Lisa 3d Case Project

    Never thought I'd be glad to hear its an AliExpress item, but in this new world of our precious vintage Macs being labeled as e-Waste and US Customs now blocking exports to destinations outside the USA, it's nice to know that I, being in Japan, could obtain that LCD without issue. Whew!
  9. JDW

    Apple Lisa 3d Case Project

    Wow. That looks pretty nice, and not just the case. The LCD looks quite sharp. What is the availability and price of that LCD?
  10. JDW

    WON'T POWER ON: PowerBook Wallstreet PDQ

    And just to let you all know, I left the same PDQ connected (the one I used DeOxit on yesterday), with the same AC power adapter connected, for a total of 24 hours, but upon pressing the Power button on the PDQ this morning, nothing happened, and no small "pop" sound from the speaker. As I...
  11. JDW

    WON'T POWER ON: PowerBook Wallstreet PDQ

    In my specific case, yes, I have two, specifically made for the PDQ machines. Model M4402. I uploaded photos here. But the reason we are discussing the right angle adapter is for the sake of using an alternative, modern AC adapter. If one uses a mere "compatible Apple" adapter, it too would...
  12. JDW

    WON'T POWER ON: PowerBook Wallstreet PDQ

    I actually started investigating that right angle adapter from Bix a couple days ago, but they want $45 for shipping alone which is an absolute ridiculous amount considering the size and weight of that thing. It’s totally utterly unacceptable. It’s quite sad too because in theory it should...
  13. JDW

    WON'T POWER ON: PowerBook Wallstreet PDQ

    I appreciate all advice. Below is the result. STEPS PERFORMED: Disconnected AC Adapter and pressed the power button for several seconds. Removed CPU card and both RAM modules from it. Removed Hard Drive Put 100% IPA onto a soft cloth and meticulously wiped down the gold pads on both sides of...
  14. JDW

    WON'T POWER ON: PowerBook Wallstreet PDQ

    I've not tested the headphone jack or the VGA output connector because I've not had need too. Today's reveal shows why. Today, for that one time only, I got a boot chime (which means the internal speaker works, and there's no need to check for sound via the headphone jack) and I also got the...
  15. JDW

    WON'T POWER ON: PowerBook Wallstreet PDQ

    I sincerely appreciate you’re having made time to give me advice. Unfortunately, I know from firsthand experience that desoldering electrolytic capacitors and then measuring them, even using one of the best handheld LCR meters like the DE-5000, will sometimes give you readings that make you...