Recent content by KnobsNSwitches

  1. KnobsNSwitches

    Apple Lisa 3d Case Project

    Thank you! black friday approaches, a 3d printer is in my future.
  2. KnobsNSwitches

    Apple Lisa 3d Case Project

    Not to be a noob derailing this thread, but is it possible to print this on a smaller printer? Like a 256mm print bed?
  3. KnobsNSwitches

    Apple Lisa 3d Case Project

    I don't even have a 3D printer, but i have been watching this thread as it looks so good. Well done on your continued updates (the launcher looks excellent). This feels like justification for a 3d printer...
  4. KnobsNSwitches

    68k Mac OS Extended (HFS+) access on System 7.5 extension

    Well that answers that question. Thank you!
  5. KnobsNSwitches

    68k Mac OS Extended (HFS+) access on System 7.5 extension

    This is one of those software projects that may be useful only to me, but I thought I'd share if there's interest. This is an extension (INIT) that allows read-only access to HFS+ formatted volumes on System 7.5. I have tested on 7.5.5 and 7.5.3. I don't believe 7.1 or 7 will work as it lacks...
  6. KnobsNSwitches

    [Discussion] Use of AI/LLM in the retro community

    I "wrote" a Palm app over the weekend with claude code. I put that in quotes as I was just giving instructions. My C experience is minimal, my Palm dev experience is zero. As a software dev, I've always been interested in retro development, but sitting down to learn something I'm not that...
  7. KnobsNSwitches

    Tecmar Mac Drive (10 MB) A serial hard drive?! (The first Macintosh external hard drive)

    I did NOT expect to come across a massive solar cooker in the middle of a hard drive discussion! 😄
  8. KnobsNSwitches

    Repairing my Apple Tape Backup 40SC Drive and Rescuing Apple History from 36 year old data tapes!

    These kind of posts are what makes the forum here. I love your tenacity, the detail and best of all the success at the end.
  9. KnobsNSwitches

    The Mac Mini '98

    Nice work, I love projects like this! Got any more pics?
  10. KnobsNSwitches

    Massive (filthy) find in South Carolina

    I always enjoy a good giant stash of old Macs. Good on you for being willing to take it on!
  11. KnobsNSwitches

    My first Mystic is being mystical about working.

    Mac OS 9 requires a powerpc processor. Mac OS 8.1 is the last to run on a 68k-based hardware. The 575 never ran 9 unless you had a PowerPC upgrade card.
  12. KnobsNSwitches

    My first Mystic is being mystical about working.

    You're not version-capped at 7.1/7.5, with a little light ResEdit work you can run up to 8.1, which is what I run in my mystic color classic, purely for ease of access to HFS+ formatted drives. See 2.1.3 here: https://colourclassicfaq.com/mobo/mystic.shtml
  13. KnobsNSwitches

    Recommend me some older Mac-centric books

    Don't forget David Pogue's 'Hard Drive' novel, featuring lots of Macs. Not technical (being a novel and all) but still relevant subject matter.
  14. KnobsNSwitches

    The Apple gods hath smiled upon me.

    This is fantastic. Congrats.
  15. KnobsNSwitches

    Massive Vintage Apple Haul in Idaho

    SHINY! Nice work!