Recent content by lrdgreen89

  1. lrdgreen89

    Hacking the Kodak Reels 8mm Film Digitizer (New Thread)

    First-time flash, D-type. I flashed the FW from post #734. The first screen said "Type D - WIP," but everything else looks no different from factory FW: no OSD. Then I flashed from #731 and the OSD is there.
  2. lrdgreen89

    Hacking the Kodak Reels 8mm Film Digitizer (New Thread)

    What about simply wrapping scotch tape around the posts? (provided the edge of the tape isn't where the film touches) Also, is the PEC pad still recommended for use in cleaning, or is there a risk of depositing tissue?
  3. lrdgreen89

    Hacking the Kodak Reels 8mm Film Digitizer (New Thread)

    I got this off eBay from a user who apparently bought it new, used it once for his batch of reels. It just arrived today. My grandmother was an avid home-video maker. I have 112 reels, from 1942-1971, both 8mm and Super 8.
  4. lrdgreen89

    Hacking the Kodak Reels 8mm Film Digitizer (New Thread)

    Hello! Following Mac84's lookup tool instruction, I'm sharing my SN which appears to need firmware D? Reels SN: H2825148BK00356 Readout: "Your serial number was NOT found on the list. Use Firmware B labeled files for your device."