Making progress!!!
Your notes have really helped make these new breakthroughs @PappaDF !!!
Past Video issues
Past Keyboard Issues
Past initial OS boot issues.
Now I'm here
Windows NT could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt:
\WINNT\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\SYSTEMHardware...
Thanks PappaDF, I'm using the same CD
We have progressed to video now. I'm now making all edits to the floppy and the CD is now default ISO.
HAL: IoReadPartitionTable: no MBR signature (00000000 00000000)
HAL: IoReadPartitionTable: 0 partitions, signature 00000000
HAL: SRBTRACE7 BULK adapter...
Ok, I doubled back to start testing again but using the default 4.0 cd. Then start putting all the pieces needed on a floppy trying to emulate a real setup.
@PappaDF Just to confirm, what cd version are you using? I might have picked windows NT 4.0 server when you were using workstation? But I...
@PappaDF Thank you for the latest info! I'm going to get started with the project here again soon with all the new work and share the tool data on real hardware.
I also agree that we should probably try to stay with an unmodified cd and continue with a modified HAL and VENEER.exe
This is where I am currently at:
New HAL: HALSHINR-0.1-MARKER.
Both SCSI controllers receive the expected memory addresses and IRQs.
Interrupts occur on both controllers.
Final result remains STOP 0x7B — INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE, with 0xC0000034.
For sure! I was able to get past picking the display adapter, and storage controller. I will be able to pick back up in a few hours. I’m telling you we are all so close I can taste it!!
I think same spot where @PappaDF left off yesterday needing HAL support.
WOW!!! Thank you @PappaDF
On real hardware with your work and a modified cd I was able to select past multiple screens and have arrived here
Incredible progress @PappaDF !!! Please share what you can as working together can work at continuing to the main goal! I know you said you were going to post something but I'm very excited. I want to get this info into astra as soon as possible. 😊
Agreed. I totally understand that Ai was going crazy in there but some of it was progress.
The good news is, my account just got access to the new Astra model. I'm going to let it hack at it for a bit to see if it can find anything else
Thanks @PappaDF for looking at this!
Welp... I kind of got this far:
Windows NT Setup
The file multi(0)scsi(0)cdrom(0)fdisk(0)partition(1) is corrupted.
Press any key to continue.
Keep in mind, this is with a serial interface and back and forth for the last two weeks with AI tools and a TON of patching.
So if anyone would like...
Just a quick update on trying out Windows NT with some AI tool assisted help. I was able to patch enough memory to get the VENEER.EXE to boot to this
Then that errored out with
Did some more work with patching memory and got to
At this point, too much typing was required to keep going so...
Thanks for that info, no problem I figured it would be fine but when I looked on amazon, a bunch of the cables had bad reviews saying they were wired wrong. I'll just search for null modem. 👍
I'm working on getting both now. But I need to get a batter way to get commands to the ANS.
@ClassicHasClass thanks for sending the info about the iConcepts USB serial adapter. The only thing is, what 8 Pin Male to DB9 Female cable did you use? It would seem simple but it looks like different...
Is this it ? This is the 2.26NT.
Also I was trying to find my serial to USB cable but can't seem to find it. Which one are you using?
r0 = DEADBEEF
r1 = 0004FF00
r2 = 000691B8
r3 = DEADBEEF
r4 = 00050000
r5 = FF809C50
r6 = DEADBEEF
r7 = DEADBEEF
r8 = 18A2D8C5
r9 = DEADBEEF
r10 =...