7100 72 pin RAM

Markintosh

New Tinkerer
Mar 31, 2023
USA
Hey gang,

I lost one of my 72 pin SIMMs due to a battery that bombed in my 7100/66. I need to get new chips as I only had 2 to begin with. Mac Tracker says it uses 80ns 72 pin SIMMs with no interleave.

When I search online I see specs like EDO and non-parity.

What flavor of 72 pin SIMMs do we need for this model?

Thanks

-Mark

Nixontheknight

Tinkerer
Nov 3, 2021
Hey gang,

I lost one of my 72 pin SIMMs due to a battery that bombed in my 7100/66. I need to get new chips as I only had 2 to begin with. Mac Tracker says it uses 80ns 72 pin SIMMs with no interleave.

When I search online I see specs like EDO and non-parity.

What flavor of 72 pin SIMMs do we need for this model?

Thanks

-Mark
I'm pretty sure macs only accept EDO memory, they might not like FPM, and parity doesn't matter

Markintosh

New Tinkerer
Mar 31, 2023
USA
Okay, Thanks to your help, I ordered 4 32MB SIMMS!

NOW I need help on identifying the 256K VRAM chips to expand my Apple PDS video card to 2MB. I cannot find the specs for these chips. Can anyone ID them for me?

I am also interested in identifying the L2 Cache chip. I don't know what size I need-I think it's 265, please advise.

Thanks in advance!

-Mark

bakkus

Staff member
Mar 18, 2022
Okay, Thanks to your help, I ordered 4 32MB SIMMS!

NOW I need help on identifying the 256K VRAM chips to expand my Apple PDS video card to 2MB. I cannot find the specs for these chips. Can anyone ID them for me?

I am also interested in identifying the L2 Cache chip. I don't know what size I need-I think it's 265, please advise.

Thanks in advance!

-Mark
I believe these from Silicon Insider should work - at least according to the table: https://www.tindie.com/products/siliconinsider/purpleram-256kb-68-pin-vram-simm-macintosh/

Reactions: Markintosh