Annoying BlueTooth Issue With My iPod

2112st

Tinkerer
Oct 8, 2023
Northeastern New Jersey, USA
Hey folks...

So, I own an iPod. I'm an audiophile, and I wanted to keep my music on a separate device. So I picked this up. it currently has 4561 songs on it. I use BlueTooth headphones with it-I don't like using earbuds for music, only phone calls. I used to own a set of Sony headphones-and one day, out of sheer stupidity and exhaustion I sat on them while they lay on my bed. SNAP! Into the garbage they went. So, I went out and bought a newer version of the same model-and like the old ones, they sound great. I like to listen to music on them when I'm drawing, or when I go for walks. The new ones work great with my 2011 27" iMac-

-but they won't sync with my iPod, like the old ones did. WTF?! :mad:

There is no logical reason, at least in my mind, why they shouldn't sync with the iPod.

I NEED music when I go for walks, otherwise the walk is mind-numbingly dull. I loathe the idea of having to buy a new MP3 player simply because I can't sync this old iPod with my Sony headphones. Why did the old headphones sync and not these?! Physically, they don't look much different-it's just a newer version of the same model. And I obviously can't update the software on the iPod anymore. 😞

Plus, having to copy 4561 songs onto a new device sounds like a pain in the ass.

Thoughts, anyone? ☹️

iPod.jpeg

Certificate of Excellence

Active Tinkerer
Nov 1, 2021
United Sates
I have experienced this and assume it is an issue between single mode and dual mode/classic BT devices. Here's an easy read on the topic and helps to understand the differences and why a new B T device might not connect to an older or vice versa.

2112st

Tinkerer
Oct 8, 2023
I have experienced this and assume it is an issue between single mode and dual mode/classic BT devices. Here's an easy read on the topic and helps to understand the differences and why a new B T device might not connect to an older or vice versa.

I solved the problem; I had to manually set the headphones to pair-I didn't have the instruction manual.

Certificate of Excellence

Active Tinkerer
Nov 1, 2021
United Sates
I have an isound BT2500 over ear BT3 ESD headphones that I like to use. They work great across my older 08 & 09 mbooks and mbookpros, ipads etc but will not connect to my newer iphone 14 & M2 macbookpro. Ive not been able to successfully trouble shoot why. The best I could discern was that the hardware was ok; there is a firmware incompatibility between the device and the host which is kind of a "duh" answer LOL. Anyhow, I am glad you were able to get your new headphones synced.

Reactions: 2112st

2112st

Tinkerer
Oct 8, 2023
I have an isound BT2500 over ear BT3 ESD headphones that I like to use. They work great across my older 08 & 09 mbooks and mbookpros, ipads etc but will not connect to my newer iphone 14 & M2 macbookpro. Ive not been able to successfully trouble shoot why. The best I could discern was that the hardware was ok; there is a firmware incompatibility between the device and the host which is kind of a "duh" answer LOL. Anyhow, I am glad you were able to get your new headphones synced.

It was actually very simple. Here's the screengrab:

Pairing The Sony WH-CH520.png

2112st

Tinkerer
Oct 8, 2023
Ya know-this shouldn't be an issue, and it sucks that you've run into this roadblock. For something as simple as using headphones, this shouldn't be an problem. :(