Apple A/UX 3.0.0, 3.0.1, 3.1 and WGS95 1.0 (A/UX 3.0.1) and WGS95 1.1 (A/UX3.1) Image Files

Mr. Fahrenheit

Tinkerer
Founder
Sep 2, 2021
As some of you know, I'm a bit of a fanatic when it comes to Apple operating system software, and specifically A/UX, which was not archived fully when I got into this hobby 4 years ago.

I had endeavored to source original CDs and disks to image and archive, because many of the images online were partial, corrupt, not original (edited), etc. Only through sourcing original media and archiving them using proper methods and tools can these things be properly preserved in their original unaltered format.

I have succeeded! I have personally archived and uploaded original images from A/UX 3.0.0, 3.0.1, and 3.1. Through this, I have found that there are differences between the same version of A/UX shipped as a "retail" product, and bundled with the Workgroup Server 95 (WGS95).

As such, I have differentiated them in my uploads. The archiving and preservation of 3.x is nearly complete. Only missing is a set of images from 3.1.1, of which I do not know if they exist on their own. I've never seen them.

My work on this project is basically concluded. You can access all of my original image uploads from the Macintosh Garden, page is here: https://macintoshgarden.org/apps/apple-aux-300-and-301-wgs95-reference-archive

Thank you to those who helped me with this project. A special thanks to @slomacuser for selling me things I needed to achieve my goal of having a complete set.

My 2.0.0 and 2.0.1 project can be found here: https://macintoshgarden.org/apps/apple-aux-200-and-201-reference-archive

I have been told some of the images in the 2.x archive are bad. I haven't gotten a way to test them out still. However, there are many images in a variety of formats, and from all of them there should be at least one set for installation. If anyone wants to verify quality of those images and provide feedback, please do so.

As for 1.x, several copies have turned up in the past few years on eBay only, and sold for $1400+ each time. None of them have been archived and uploaded. I feel this will likely never happen, at least not in the foreseeable future. If you have original media for A/UX 1.x, please reach out to me!

All the best! Signing off...