JDW

Administrator
Staff member
Founder
Sep 2, 2021
Japan
youtube.com
Now available on Archive ORG:

I ran across a post by the book owner on FaceBook and lamented the high cost of the out-of-print book and the fact there was no scan of it. He very kindly scanned it and put it on the Wayback Machine today!

Enjoy!

P.S. Here's a T-shirt from the book I got a kick out of...

1690534101727.png

Last edited:

eric

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 2, 2021
MN
scsi.blue
Lots of great ideas for some recreations in here, thanks for sharing!

I noticed some blank images and @Mac84 pointed me to this:

1690554862354.png

Just crazy some history is lost to time because of this.

• Love
Reactions: Mac84

Mac84

Administrator
Staff member
Founder
Sep 4, 2021
New Jersey, USA
www.mac84.net
Lots of great ideas for some recreations in here, thanks for sharing!

I noticed some blank images and @Mac84 pointed me to this...
Yes!

I remember getting this book in the early 2000's and being confused that those images were missing. Thankfully at the time the website was still up (and now it's archived). I remember trying to reach out to the author once, but I don't recall every hearing back.

I'm glad this wonderful oddball of a book is archived, the author seems like they went through a lot of trouble to get it made, so it's great it'll be available for future generations to enjoy.

JDW

Administrator
Staff member
Founder
Sep 2, 2021
Japan
youtube.com
I actually spoke to the book owner prior to your two replies today about the missing IBM images because I had noticed that yesterday. The book owner expressed his own surprised to me and said he had to do a double-take.

I think the real issue here is that the book publisher didn't make time to add a brief text statement inside those photo boxes to explain the absence of content there. Not everyone who owns the book probably knew of the FAQ, and I certainly didn't. Even so, i guess that will change because when they Google about the missing photos, they may find this thread with the answer!

Thanks @eric & @Mac84 for providing that! That FAQ is very useful info!

Mac84

Administrator
Staff member
Founder
Sep 4, 2021
New Jersey, USA
www.mac84.net
I actually spoke to the book owner prior to your two replies today about the missing IBM images because I had noticed that yesterday. The book owner expressed his own surprised to me and said he had to do a double-take.

I think the real issue here is that the book publisher didn't make time to add a brief text statement inside those photo boxes to explain the absence of content there. Not everyone who owns the book probably knew of the FAQ, and I certainly didn't. Even so, i guess that will change because when they Google about the missing photos, they may find this thread with the answer!

Thanks @eric & @Mac84 for providing that! That FAQ is very useful info!
That's awesome you were able to speak to them. If you have their contact info, please send it in a DM. I'd love to ask them some questions :)

Reactions: JDW