Astec LCII PSU connector to the logic board

reallyrandy

Tinkerer
Oct 30, 2021
New Jersey
Does anyone know if there's a part I can get to replace this connector? Mine is so corroded, it's literally falling apart. I found all these little flat corroded pieces of metal in the case not knowing what they were, turns out they're the term connectors inside this plug. I just recapped the PSU and voltages measure fine but the LC just buzzes from the speaker when I try to boot. When I jiggle it, it stops buzzing but won't boot.

I'd like to replace it but I don't even know what it's called. I'll just order some black, orange, yellow and blue wire too. Does anyone know what gauge wire this is?

LC-PSU-Astec-pinout.png

reallyrandy

Tinkerer
Oct 30, 2021
New Jersey
I ended up buying a package of two 8 terminal Molex plugs for about $4 at my local electronics store (Greenbrook Electronics in New Jersey). I removed the corroded terminals from the original 7 slot molex and I'm going to use the new ones that came with the 8 slot connectors. This way I still have the original molex connector with all new terminals. Just ordered a crimping tool so I'll finish it up when that comes. Hopefully then I'll be able to post a pic of a newly working LCII with a refurbed PSU.

mitchkramez

New Tinkerer
May 18, 2022
South Dakota of all places
Hey all, just wanted to follow up on this since I had to replace my pins on my LCII and my pins were slightly different that what was listed. My power supply was the TDK branded one, but the pins in mine were these: https://www.digikey.com/en/products/detail/molex/0008520112/1130605 (0008520112 - KK Trifurcon 6838 - Molex)

I've successfully repinned it and it's working great. Here's some photos of the only surviving original pin from my PS and the new ones:

IMG_2572D.JPG

IMG_2573D.JPG

IMG_2595D.JPG