AutoZine Technical School -- great website for learning about automobile dynamics

Zane Kaminski

Administrator
Staff member
Founder
Sep 5, 2021
Columbus, Ohio, USA
Here's one of my favorite resources on car dynamics which I read and re-read many times as a Honda-obsessed teenager: https://www.autozine.org/technical_school/tech_index.html

The author, Mark Wan, describes the site best himself:
AutoZine Technical School was established in 1998 as an attempt to bring my readers the principles of the latest automotive technology, such as variable valve timing, electronic stability control and dual-clutch gearbox. At that time, such information was scarce on the net, while most reference books still talked about outdated technology. The information provided here was the result of my countless hours of research. I hope you will like it.

The material on this site basically taught me the principles of engine and suspension tuning. When I originally discovered this gem of a website in 2012ish, I knew the basics of internal combustion engine operation and wanted to get a more thorough understanding of some of the various more complex technologies used in modern internal combustion engines. I found it very hard to get an explanation of the modern engine design concepts from theory through to discussion of the practical implementations by various auto manufacturers. AutoZine is really a gem; I highly suggest that anyone interested in repair or the theory behind performance tuning check it out.

Certificate of Excellence

Active Tinkerer
Nov 1, 2021
United Sates
Here's one of my favorite resources on car dynamics which I read and re-read many times as a Honda-obsessed teenager: https://www.autozine.org/technical_school/tech_index.html

The author, Mark Wan, describes the site best himself:

The material on this site basically taught me the principles of engine and suspension tuning. When I originally discovered this gem of a website in 2012ish, I knew the basics of internal combustion engine operation and wanted to get a more thorough understanding of some of the various more complex technologies used in modern internal combustion engines. I found it very hard to get an explanation of the modern engine design concepts from theory through to discussion of the practical implementations by various auto manufacturers. AutoZine is really a gem; I highly suggest that anyone interested in repair or the theory behind performance tuning check it out.
Wow this is great. Thanks for sharing. (y)