Classic II power output

Willj

Tinkerer
Apr 28, 2022
I am working on a classic II and have read over the posts here. Not able to determine what could be the issues on areas to check and what to change but I am not getting correct voltages from the analog board. It’s fully recapped.

I am getting 10.28 instead of the 12 range. And for the 5v I am getting 4.3 range. On pin 8 I am getting -11v.

i have recycled all caps for proper size and polarity and all is good.

i hace also adjusted PP1 with little change. The difference to make up is too much for the PP1 to do.

provide item location code and values needed there would help. I have some parts as I live on a small island so I might have to order if needed.

what is happening when I turn on is no screen, after a few seconds there is gurgling sound from speaker. When turn off I can see screen flash. There seems to be no discharge from crt when I go to discharge and remove analog board.

Logic board also recapped and checked over twice. I do believe it’s a voltage issue but not sure what to check.

Any help appreciated.

Willj

Tinkerer
Apr 28, 2022
Mine Classic II also. My error. I been reading up on this and find the same to replace the mosfet at QP2, the TDA4605 at IP1 and optocoupler ar QP1. I am not sure on which diodes to replace. I have read people change DP12, 2, 5, 7. Now I just need find these parts from used items I have here.

pocketscience

Tinkerer
Apr 29, 2022
Sydney, Australia
They won't all be bad - so I'm going to start with the opto as I believe it's a pretty common fault, then the TDA, and yes the mosfet. The diodes should be able to be checked in circuit, so maybe check those first. No real point replacing parts if they aren't broken..

Willj

Tinkerer
Apr 28, 2022
I solved the power issue by changing the opto chip. But now I have a tight vertical bars issue and this after a full recap of both boards. Anyone have ideas?

Attachments

• A8861628-2D76-4ECF-AA07-C1409700B70B.jpeg
    A8861628-2D76-4ECF-AA07-C1409700B70B.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 42