Custom Closets

denekhis

New Tinkerer
Apr 18, 2022
Im moving into a old house that needs renovations and one of the things im ready to splurge on is nice custom closets, cuz this is not something you redo too often. Anyone with ideas?? Phoenix area... I guess can be anyone from brooklyn too.

Certificate of Excellence

Active Tinkerer
Nov 1, 2021
United Sates
One easy way to do it is to use pre-made modular solutions where you buy the bits/features you want and will fit in your space, anchor the back corners/wall of the closet first and then work outward from there securing the storage to wall studs. Unfilled open spaces in between can be used to install hanger rods for hanging garnets spanning those open spaces. My folks redid their walk in closets with this stuff and it looks great. I think this is a very similar solution that most closet designers employ which is a common strategy for any modular/prefab cabinet renovation product vs hiring someone to build custom cabinets for a room no one will ever see lol.

I leveraged a similar solution/process for adding storage shelves into my boys closet. It was easy (requiring basic measuring, cutting nailing and stud finding skills) and I was done in a couple hours work.

Certificate of Excellence

Active Tinkerer
Nov 1, 2021
United Sates
For a luxurious custom closet in your old house, consider a spacious walk-in design with a central island. This feature adds both storage and a touch of elegance to the space. Built-in shelves and drawers maximize storage efficiency, keeping your clothes, shoes, and accessories well-organized. To enhance the aesthetic appeal, choose high-quality materials and finishes that complement the overall design. Don't forget proper lighting to make the closet functional and visually appealing. Consulting a professional closet designer in the Phoenix area or Brooklyn can help bring your vision to life and create a long-lasting, personalized storage solution.
Did you get ChatGPT to write that? :)