Difference before Sugar

SpeccyLover196

New Tinkerer
Oct 28, 2021
I had a 128k + 2, Black and it was my first computer and I loved it still do, my favourite computer ever. Its only in last few years or so I've learned of Sugar's takeover/involvement and was wondering what was the difference(s) to before when it was the legend Clive Sinclair? How did they worsen?

displaced

Tinkerer
Nov 2, 2021
Kent, United Kingdom
The thing I remember is that although Amstrad finally added joystick ports to their Spectrums, they deliberately changed the pin-out from the Atari standard in order to sell their own joystick (which was awful).

It meant that every ‘Amstrum’ owner I knew had a couple of adapters hanging out of their machines so that they could use decent joysticks!

Reactions: yannisgk

Hedders

New Tinkerer
Apr 8, 2022
Other than the chicanery with the joystick ports I'm not sure they did worsen, did they? The Sinclair machines, while iconic, were made extremely cheaply and had some quality problems. Certainly 9 year-old me with my 48k Spectrum Plus would have done almost anything for a +2 or a +3. I wanted AY sound!

Javmast3r

Tinkerer
Oct 27, 2021
This are rare stamps from Spain's Postal service commemorating the game "The Abbey of Crime", one of the first Spanish made games on the Spectrum ZX based on the book "In the Name of the Rose". It was also one of the first games done in isometric pixels, giving a 3D appearance.

1649770507078.png