EEVBlog 121GW Multimeter REVIEW

JDW

Administrator
Staff member
Founder
Sep 2, 2021
Japan
youtube.com
After a bit of research and having the need to make temperature measurements over time (i.e., "data logging"), I decided to buy the 121GW multimeter, from EEVBlog. That prompted me to make a detailed video review of it, in which I compare that meter with some of the Flukes I use at the office, along with a cheap $10 meter too. I just made that video public here.

While this new video may not seem vintage Mac related, it actually is.

We all purchase vintage computers expecting to relive the past or at least have some fun. Inevitably, we discover problems that need to be fixed, and most of us end up becoming an electronics repair man of sorts. Even in the most basic use case, a good multimeter is used to make voltage measurements, which is good to confirm if a vintage Mac is malfunctioning due to low voltage or voltage fluctuations. But the EEVBlog 121GW offers additional features like Data Logging, which can be very useful at times. I plan to make temperature measurements of the heatsink in my Color Classic Mystic over time to see how temperature variations over time may impact the overclocking speed. I was impressed by 121GW and surprised by a few of its flaws, all of which I describe in the video.

I hope this helps those of you considering the purchase of a good hand-held DMM.