Favorite cooking technology gadgets

Certificate of Excellence

Active Tinkerer
Nov 1, 2021
United Sates
I'm not one for having a ton of kitchen gadgets let alone ones that firmly cross over into tech but I do like this:

Mastrad Meat*It +

499072_STANDARD__000_20191211.jpg

I've had it for a year now and I can tell you it works really well. It's obviously handy in a roasting piece of beast but I have a number of smokers as well and this thing is so great for managing internal temperature of low n slow smoking. It syncs up to my iphone through their app so I can walk away and do other stuff while the smoker does its thing and if temps get too high, I am notified by a programable custom alarm feature.

Where I typically find gadgets to be neat but not very useful, this gadget is extremely useful, accurate and worth the purchase if you want to do something else besides sit next to your smoker drinking ice cold beers 🍻 all day babysitting large pieces of pig ... (that doesn't sound so bad really). Yeah, in the real world, wifey and hyperactive kiddos destroy that pipedream (who do you think got me this bit of tech :D ) so it cetrainly allows one to step away to do other things.