Floppy jumper configuration (YD-380)

champagneandchips

New Tinkerer
Nov 2, 2021
PNW
Would anyone have access to documentation on the jumper meaning and configuration for a 5.25" HD (1.2MB) floppy drive, model number YD-380 (manufactured for IBM by YeData).
The only documentation I found were copies of maintenance materials which do not contain any information about what the jumpers are and how to configure them (except I know the obvious ones for drive select positions, DS0..3).

Bonus points if someone has the secret sauce to making this the B drive in an IBM 5170 with a 1.44MB 3.5" drive as the A drive. I can't seem to be able to get the right cable/jumper configuration going to make this possible (it works perfectly fine the other way round - maybe a termination issue with the 5.25" drive?). I had them correct according to the wonderful guidance on minuszerodegrees but I can't access them properly. Having the 3.5" drive on DS0 and very end of the cable and the 5.25" one as DS1 on the middle part seems to address them both at the same time (I might be doing something wrong with termination? Although I can't seem to find any relevant jumpers on either drive).

Oh BTW this is using the default IBM controller card for the 5170.

Thank you as always!

Attachments

• IMG_3781.JPG
    IMG_3781.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 143