Harris International SE Accelerator Board

wottle

Tinkerer
Oct 30, 2021
Fort Mill, SC
I recently got a MacSE and upon opening it up realized it had an accelerator board plugged into the PDS slot. It was labeled as a PerformerPro by Harris International. The hard drive had died, and I was unable to retrieve the software off a floppy I found included with the computer. So when running a stock 6.0.8 install, it seemed to be using the 68000 processor. However, based on some discussions with other, I was able to test the Micromac PerformerPro software and get it to correctly use the 030 processor in the accelerator.

It actually has a slot that I believe is meant for adding a FPU, so I ordered one off eBay and it came in. The problem I'm having its trying to identify the orientation of installation. I don't see any marking that would match the dot I see on one side of the FPU. Is there something I'm missing that would indicate which side the dot should face?

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Attachments

• PerformerPro.png
    PerformerPro.png
    4 MB · Views: 80

alxlab

Active Tinkerer
Sep 23, 2021
www.alxlab.com
The socket has a diagonal corner \ like the chip and also has an arrow too. It's the bottom left corner in your picture, just above the M in "Made in USA".

alxlab

Active Tinkerer
Sep 23, 2021
www.alxlab.com
Actually, looking at it again, maybe what looks like an arrow in that corner might be just a piece of dust or scratch but it definitely the bottom left corner where the diagonal corner of the chip should go. :D

Reactions: wottle

wottle

Tinkerer
Oct 30, 2021
Fort Mill, SC
Ha. I was so focused on trying to find a dot or line on the board, I didn't look closely at the socket. And the chip has one corner that is diagonal as well. I'll give that a shot, and swap out the extension for the FPU version and see if I can get it to work. Thanks!