[Help Wanted] - Add missing screenshots to the Garden!

eric

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 2, 2021
MN
scsi.blue
Don't you hate it when you go to a page on the Garden and the uploader didn't include a screen shot. Well now you can help!

With @fogWraith's assistance I've been playing with the metadata of all the garden uploads and thought it would be cool to dump out all the items that do not have a screen shot.

This, along with Infinite Mac's new ability to load files _directly_ from the garden makes it trivial for you to:
  1. Claim a row in the sheet by entering your name (one at a time please)
  2. Launch the emulator (System 7 or 8 for now) with the link in the sheet[1]
  3. Open the Garden drawer, find the app, load/install it
  4. Take a few screen shots and upload them
  5. Run into trouble?! Leave a note and someone will pick it up where you left off
Bored sitting at work? Eating Lunch at your desk? Slacking off? Avoiding other family obligations? Whatever the reason is you have a few spare minutes thank you for helping making the garden a better place!

[1] - note the garden drawer doesnt work with all emulators yet, but System 7.6 and 8.5 should be good enough to grab some screen shots.

PL212

New Tinkerer
Dec 25, 2022
This is a great idea!

(One pet peeve of mine is screenshots on wildly different operating systems -- a 1987 program screen-captured under MacOS 9.2, for example, with all of the grey chrome. But I suppose something is better than nothing.)