I have a Kihei inner front bezel in good shape. What next?

neverendingsigh

New Tinkerer
Mar 14, 2022
I found and bought an inner front bezel for slot-loading iMacs last year, hoping that I could send it on for mass reproduction. I've had a lot of other stuff to do in the year since, so this got shuffled back a bit.

There's been whispers and rumors of interest from some with prior experience. I know about some models for 3D printing as well. The challenge and expense of reproducing this part in molded ABS, with its complexity and size, isn't lost on me; but the first step is having a good quality part to start with. This is probably as good as it will get without going back in time or raiding some secret Apple vault. It's platinum gray and pliable; I only worry about touching it because it's uncommon, not because it's about to turn to dust. There's a few very small scrapes and gouges, but nothing that can't be corrected for.

Other than possibly contacting MacEffects, I don't know where to start, so now that this is on my mind again I'm asking for some suggestions. I bought it specifically for this purpose, not to throw into my own machine and forget about it, because we're all dealing with the same problem.

(Sorry, tray-loading fans! Hopefully a similarly good part turns up.)

neverendingsigh

New Tinkerer
Mar 14, 2022
Looks like MacEffects was already on the case. 😅 Sorry for posting and running on this one; life, etc. I'd still like to have mine scanned, but it isn't in my current priorities.