iici video issue

imactheknife

New Tinkerer
Jun 28, 2022
I have a recapped iici. It would initially turn on when I plugged power in, and wouldn't turn off with power button, or start up with power button, or keyboard. Pulled some chips, cleaned cap goop, and throughly rinses with isopropyl. Now soft start and power button work, get chime, screen flashes on, then off and stays black. If I hold reset button, it stays on, but goes black once released. Any ideas? is it rom possibly? all ram is good, new battery etc. I pulled reset and programmers buttons off, same results, screen stays black after initial flash at startup

jajan547

Active Tinkerer
Mar 25, 2022
North Carolina, USA
This sounds like the reset button or lines to this may be stuck try cleaning up the button be it compressed air or maybe lubricating it (deoxit?).

imactheknife

New Tinkerer
Jun 28, 2022
This sounds like the reset button or lines to this may be stuck try cleaning up the button be it compressed air or maybe lubricating it (deoxit?).
will clean the buttons then reinstall tomorrow. anything that might need to be checked? no battery corrosion or anything. Wasn't sure about the RTC as my quadra 800 did the same thing until I changed out the RTC chip, then display worked. I wonder if there are trace from RTC to the cap leakage area?