Is this an Apple II Hard Drive Interface Card?

Jlgarcia

New Tinkerer
Mar 7, 2022
Hi,

I have recently bought some Apple II cards. One of them is a Corvus Systems (Rev 1) that seems to be a Hard Drive interface card.

I don't have a hard drive to test it, but although it has some rework on the backside it looks pretty good.

Corvus1.jpg

Corvus2.jpg

Corvus3.jpg

Corvus4.jpg

Any comments will be really appreciated.

Thanks,
José Luis

retr01

Senior Tinkerer
Jun 6, 2022
Utah, USA
retr01.com
Hi @Jlgarcia! It seems to be an early version of the Corvus hard drive interface card that connects to a Corvus external hard drive. Here is what a later revision card looks like. :)

Those cards were produced for the Apple II, Apple II+, and Apple //e in 1980 and later. This particular card was tested by a Corvus employee named Don M on September 9, 1986.

1669503447703.png

Last edited:
Reactions: flag4 and Jlgarcia

retr01

Senior Tinkerer
Jun 6, 2022
Utah, USA
retr01.com
Could it be possible to connect any other HD using this card?

Since this is a Corvus interface card rather than a SCSI card, I am unsure about connecting to other external hard drives. Corvus was developed and produced around the same time that SCSI-1 was developed. The Apple SCSI (and perhaps others?) card was then created and marketed later for the Apple II series to connect to a wider variety of external hard drives.

Last edited:

Jlgarcia

New Tinkerer
Mar 7, 2022

Jlgarcia

New Tinkerer
Mar 7, 2022
Since this is a Corvus interface card rather than a SCSI card, I am unsure about connecting to other external hard drives. Corvus was developed and produced around the same time that SCSI-1 was developed. The Apple SCSI (and perhaps others?) card was then created and marketed later for the Apple II series to connect to a wider variety of external hard drives.

That makes sense, I will have to find one if I want to test it.

Thanks a lot for your comments, I have learnt a lot!

Cheers!

Reactions: retr01