Mu0n

Active Tinkerer
Oct 29, 2021
Quebec
www.youtube.com

bench setup diagram.png

Use case #1:​

Clone my Mac Plus signal to a HDMI capture stick, a small lag is acceptable
Clone that signal to a LCD screen, sub 1-frame lag is needed here.
This is what I've been using ever since I build my own RGBtoHDMI early in 2022, to great success (you can check that out here
)

1677514352253.png

Use case #2:​

Plug a digital USB microscope into a standalone raspberry pi 3a and have it display the output on a small 8" Eyoyo LCD screen on the bench where it's needed
Bonus: pi3a's only usb plug is used by a single USB hub to power the LCD screen and the scope
Bonus: a single button press powers them all up
Bonus: it autoboots into the scope view (a webcam type of app for Rasbian) within 2 minutes of booting
Bonus: also send the signal to my HDMI capture stick so I can get zoomed bench footage and record/stream it

1677514655877.png

Unneeded use case #3​

if I select the Mac Plus output and send it to my bench
1677514697870.png

Unneeded use case #4​

if I select the scope+ pi3a output and send it away from my bench
1677514748033.png

Last edited:

retr01

Senior Tinkerer
Jun 6, 2022
Utah, USA
retr01.com
Hey @Mu0n! Awesome set up! I have the RGB2HDMI and the TTL adapter from back the day for my SE/30 that I will set up. I wonder:

1. How do you keep the wires organized and together? Shrink wrap?
  2. What is the exact connector you are using for from TTL to the RGB2HDMI?

Mu0n

Active Tinkerer
Oct 29, 2021
Quebec
www.youtube.com
Hey @Mu0n! Awesome set up! I have the RGB2HDMI and the TTL adapter from back the day for my SE/30 that I will set up. I wonder:

1. How do you keep the wires organized and together? Shrink wrap?
  2. What is the exact connector you are using for from TTL to the RGB2HDMI?
1. Tie wraps
2. A DB9. I used the 8/6 bit deprecated RGBtoHDMI and a TTL PC buffer extender board sandwiched in the middle.

Mu0n

Active Tinkerer
Oct 29, 2021
Quebec
www.youtube.com
I needed the "uneeded use case 4" today!

I wanted to try something that uses a unix program (through raspbian running on the Pi3a on which the scope is attached), so I plugged in my keyboard, exited out of the scope view app, sent the video to my main desktop area (which has 3 monitors on my PC and 1 that was rerouted to be used with the Pi3a). I could casually enter commands while checking guides on the net.

Mu0n

Active Tinkerer
Oct 29, 2021
Quebec
www.youtube.com
Cool setup! Does your powered splitter drop copy protection so you can watch DVD/BD via the HDMI capture device on one of your monitors while you work/play at the bench?
I haven't tried that at all. Although I even have a blu-ray burner on my PC, I think I last used it to play a blu-ray in like 2010

Trash80toG4

Tinkerer
Apr 1, 2022
Bermuda Triangle, NC USA
I'm using brand new to me laptop as my main machine, finally running a 1440p display I lucked into! I will have a second 1080p display as well when I finally move back into the second bedroom after the carpet is in. I used the 6360/TV Tuner/VCR on the bench in the back when for a bit of amusement as I worked/played with the collection and used the PCI card to run a better display.

Give it a try when you have a chance? If it works, and even if it doesn't, please post the specs for all your toys in the diagram. Love it! 😀