ThinkC [New resource article] Think C development

Relating to ThinkC Development

Mu0n

Active Tinkerer
Oct 29, 2021
Quebec
www.youtube.com
I just created a new article based on Symantec THINK C development. If you have any interest in programming C and want to target System 7 Macs, all the way down to the first System version, this is a good way to get a jump start on that. The coding environment (emulated or real machine) that you use with this would be a mid-level System 7.5.5 or around and your target mac could span between that and all the way to the first days of Macs.

This article idea solves some needs that a few users here have for a weekly based programming study group (from @eric ) set to start in August 2022, here's the thread:

Here's the article that I made to help newcomers to get set up with that: https://tinkerdifferent.com/resources/think-c-development.84/

Patrick

Tinkerer
Oct 26, 2021
Did you mean to leave off `initWindows();` in the myInitStuff() function of the barebones project?

not a big deal. just wondered if there was a reason. or if its needed or not.... (or just forgotten?)

Mu0n

Active Tinkerer
Oct 29, 2021
Quebec
www.youtube.com
Did you mean to leave off `initWindows();` in the myInitStuff() function of the barebones project?

not a big deal. just wondered if there was a reason. or if its needed or not.... (or just forgotten?)

Yeah! And I suffered from its absence a few weeks ago! I should reupload my resource.

Reactions: Patrick

Mu0n

Active Tinkerer
Oct 29, 2021
Quebec
www.youtube.com
There it is, the files have been swapped in the resource article:

1661694753903.png