Performa 200 Needs recapping

Jeff

New Tinkerer
Nov 19, 2022
So, a Performa 200 made its way into my collection. I am considering parting it out because I think at this point, it might be too far gone. When I got it, it didnt even chime, just random patterns of black and white lines. I took the board out and washed it real good, then blow dried it and set it out over night to really get dry. next day, it booted but no sound. No sound at all, No sound. Also the CRT is blurry in one spot and when i turn up the brightness i get mega retrace lines. I bought this for $100 as working but it really needs work and I don't want to go through all of the recapping effort or cost if I choose to have it done for me only to also require the Analog Board to need recapping as well. I am looking for opinions as well as places I might ship the AB and MB to be recapped. Also, is there anybody who cleans and lubes these floppy drives? my small motor skills are terrible and I don't want to ruin a Auto Inject drive but it desperately needs to be cleaned and lubed.

3lectr1c

Active Tinkerer
May 15, 2022
the United States
www.macdat.net
If you're in the US, I've heard good things about Amiga of Rochester. I definitely wouldn't part it out, it's repairable for sure. AB and LB recap, possibly some other AB parts replaced, and it will be good. Sounds like the CRT is tired though.

Jeff

New Tinkerer
Nov 19, 2022
The 10 MB ceiling on the Performa 200 is disappointing to say the least. If it weren't for that, I wouldn't feel the need to get an SE/30

Jeff

New Tinkerer
Nov 19, 2022
Thanks for the reference to Amiga of Rochester. I am going to be sending my Performa 200 to him as well as my SE.

Reactions: retr01