PowerBook Duo right to repair!

Fizzbinn

Tinkerer
Nov 29, 2021
Charlottesville, VA
Apple has long held an iron grip on the materials and tools required to repair their devices but starting today I'm doing my small part to level the playing field by introducing a PowerBook Duo Battery Contact Alignment Tool rental service!

IMG_5367.jpeg

Never again wonder if your battery contacts have drifted out of position after all these years. Release yourself from the stress of not knowing if your custom, painstakingly rebuilt Duo battery is not making optimum contact to your beloved Duo's logic board. In short, end the nightmare!

I will FedEX you the PowerBook Duo Battery Contact Alignment tool, a 50 page manual and a full color print of page 256 of the PowerBook 200 Series Service Source pdf, all in a stylish protective hard case. You get to keep it for a week and align the battery contacts on an unlimited number of PowerBook Duos and then send it back to me.

All this this for only:

$49 rental fee for a week + the cost of shipping
A $1,200 credit card hold for the tool, forfeit if the tool isn’t returned within ten days of delivery (or comes back with any scratches)

...April Fools!