Pascal Programming Your Own Adventure Game In Pascal by Richard C. Vile, Jr.

Relating to Pascal programming.

Eric's Edge

Tinkerer
Oct 31, 2021
I'm currently working my way through this book on adventure game programming in Pascal. My intent is to get it working in Apple Pascal 1.1 on my Apple IIe then port it to other languages. Most likely AppleSoft Basic next. Then over to TI Basic on my TI 99/4A and eventually onto a 68K Macintosh.

Should be an interesting exercise. Apple Pascal 1.1 is a bit frustrating to use. The editor is similar to a simplified form of VI. File handling is archaic. Even so, I'm committed to using vintage hardware, floppy disks, and an old Panasonic 9" security monitor.

I'll start vlogging the effort shortly. There are a few instructional blog posts here for setting up: https://pragmaticpizza.blogspot.com/.

Attachments

• Programming Your Own Adventure Games In Pascal - cover.PNG
    Programming Your Own Adventure Games In Pascal - cover.PNG
    121.2 KB · Views: 48

Eric's Edge

Tinkerer
Oct 31, 2021
I've run into some interesting problems. I can compile single file programs that don't exceed the file size limit. The compiler faults and either spews characters on the screen freezing or reboots when I attempt to use the include directive on larger programs broken into several files. I tried it on a sample "larger" single file program that compiled fine by splitting it into two files. Failed to compile with the same problem.

I'll try porting this thing over to another platform.