alex_santos

New Tinkerer
Sep 25, 2021
I was wondering where I should start with this, or how to ask but here it is, and yes there is a lot of very good information on youtube on Proxmox, a free Linus OS whose sole existence is to install VM and containers. I don't know much about it yet as I literally discovered it a few days ago but I am really excited about what it can do — run freeNAS, run a router, run PFsense and gosh, so much more.

So anyway, I thought I would just throw this out here to simply get any reactions from the community.

How are you using Proxmox, to solve which problems, to add what kind of services to your home network or other workflows? What kind of hardware are you using? Are you running Big Sur or later in a VM? etc etc.

Would love to get your thoughts.

This is an excellent playlist that I discovered on Proxmox (an entire course really) - It is so good, I think it's on par with JDW's videos, ever so detailed and thorough and very well organized. I should mention that I've not watched it all because I haven't found the time but in the meantime, if you have any experience or thoughts I would be grateful to learn about your experience.

Last edited:
Reactions: JDW