Quadra 700 feet project

Kay K.M.Mods

Active Tinkerer
Sep 23, 2021
Tokyo
www.kerosmm.com
We are working on a Quadra 700 Feet project. The points we are aiming for are as follows.

1, Toning close to the original
2. Use a material that is not too soft
3, Design faithful to the original

This will be available for purchase at our Kero ’s Mac Mods Shop. Since 1 is due to the original material, it is impossible to have the exact same color, but we aim for something that does not feel strange when attached to the Quadra 700. In the video, the black dye is extruded, which is a prototype, but the black dots are scattered.
2 uses soft plastic. The same rubber material is too soft and difficult to produce.
3 has been redesigned to reproduce the press line when it was molded. The semi-circular hole on the back has the same shape.
IMG_7456.jpeg
IMG_7457.jpeg

retr01

Senior Tinkerer
Jun 6, 2022
Utah, USA
retr01.com
How about color choices?

Would it work on the IIci? My IIci have all four feet and can be upright, but I like the look of those feet.

Cheers!

Paolo B

Tinkerer
Nov 27, 2021
Nagoya, Japan
Very interesting!
A few years ago I made a small run of rubber rollers for the NeXT N4000 display. It’s been a fun project. I tested a couple of compounds before finding the “right” one. The dye was easy to make, as they were… black. The finishing touch was sanding them for peeling the ”skin” and leaving a nice, rubberized soft touch. For me the biggest challenge was degassing the mix before casting in order to avoid small bubbles, but I see that the prototype looks already rather excellent in the finishing.