Radius Stage II Rocket in a IIci

KennyPowers

Active Tinkerer
Jun 27, 2022
I finally replaced some corrosion-damaged ICs in my dad's old IIci, recapped the PSU and logic board, cleaned/lubed the floppy drive, and it booted right up. As you can see, he had some goodies installed:

PXL_20220721_183333932.jpg

Front-to-back are a Daystar 040 accelerator, a Radius Stage II Rocket, a Radius Paintboard Prism GT, and a Pro AudioSpectrum 16. After copying all of the software for this stuff to floppies in preparation for replacing the hard drive with a BlueSCSI, I decided to play around with the Rocket card a little since it always sounded pretty neat. The software literally has a rocket-launch-style countdown:

PXL_20220811_145417164.jpg

Then...it's a mac...in your mac :)

PXL_20220811_145501791.jpg PXL_20220811_145525389.jpg PXL_20220811_145547527.jpg PXL_20220811_145614642.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: rikerjoe and retr01

Trash80toG4

Tinkerer
Apr 1, 2022
Bermuda Triangle, NC USA
Set your IIci and appropriate small monitor dedicated to its output next to your daily driver. Rocket dedicated hi resolution VidCard output KVM switched to your big screen. Wombat/USB conversion on the KM line goes without saying. ;)

KennyPowers

Active Tinkerer
Jun 27, 2022
Set your IIci and appropriate small monitor dedicated to its output next to your daily driver. Rocket dedicated hi resolution VidCard output KVM switched to your big screen. Wombat/USB conversion on the KM line goes without saying. ;)
I understood...some of that :LOL:

retr01

Senior Tinkerer
Jun 6, 2022
Utah, USA
retr01.com
I have a monitor connected to a switch for my Apple IIGS and IIci. I can share the same keyboard and mouse across IIci, SE/30, and Apple IIGS, as well as my MBA (MacBook Air) with a USB KVM. Each vintage computer has its BMOW Wombat for ADB/USB conversion.

One day I will convert everything to an HDMI switch to my big screen. :)

Trash80toG4

Tinkerer
Apr 1, 2022
Bermuda Triangle, NC USA
I understood...some of that :LOL:
LOL! Welcome to my world of word wreckage. GRLF has a name for the sections missing from line of thoughts expressed in words, can't think of it offhand.

Under RocketShare you can dedicate extended displays to Rocket and host.
__ Period correct display sits on top of IIci processor shared host
__ Rocket display from VidCard fed through KVM to your daily driver big screen
____ HDMI adapter not expensive, that's how I use my VGA deprived 42" flat panel from 6400/6500 testbed
____ Haven't got BMOW's Wombat USB<->ADB converter yet for ADB Mac playtime on main setup, some day, G4 only to date.

Any clearer now?

TLDR:
Vampire Video has my Rocket propelled SuperIIsi project experimentation halted for a while now. Fix for that is coming, but backburnered. Vampire Video resolution's inadequate for running Rocket in a window and I wasn't able to force it into full screen. RocketWare acceleration's incompatible with the IIsi. Musical Mac installation workaround required for Rocketizing the IIsi, that and honking big component upgrades for Power/Cooling budget.

I could use the Portrait Display, but the DuoDock+ has that held down on the Apple Display Unit. Portrait Display on IIci next to main setup would be something to consider . . . too many screens in the way there as is though.