[RaSCSI] [Mac Plus] [Silverlining] I need 2 HDA files made

Mu0n

Active Tinkerer
Oct 29, 2021
Quebec
www.youtube.com
anyone with an access to a modern Mac use Disk Jockey and could make me a Mac Plus friendly (ie SilverLining instead of Lido) 40 mb System 6.0.8 HDA disk, then another 7.1 40 mb HDA? I received a 2Gb version of the Mac Pack extraordinarily stuffed disk with a bootable System version that works....until you get some kinda of crash from one of the game (a common occurrence from that time period) and then it never wants to boot again. It gets old having to reupload the 2Gb file every time. I'd rather do it with a 40 mb one

Mu0n

Active Tinkerer
Oct 29, 2021
Quebec
www.youtube.com
This folder has some pre-made blanks in it of various sizes: https://mega.nz/folder/8hA3AQCJ#pWUq92L70yDXlogy9lk5Dg

I have seen and perused this file depot in the past:

Pro:
-there's a nifty 1 Gb HDA volume formatted for Mac Plus that avoids HD drivers such as LIDO, AFAIK, it uses SilverLining.

Cons:
-When a 1 Gb volume crashes, it can go into a "corrupted" state and never be able to boot from it again on my RaSCSI.
-Reuploading a 1 Gb every time I get a hard crash gets old. Not so with a 40 Mb file.
-I don't seem to be able to retrace the steps needed to take a blank HDA file and force-shove it Silverlining myself. I've tried with a 5.x version of Silverlining, but I guess the parameters I chose did not clinch it. I'm missing crucial step(s) needed to make it 100% Mac Plus friendly.

Needs:
-I'd like a lean and mean *pre-installed* 40-60 Mb Silverlining Mac Plus HDA volume with System 6 and another with System 7
-Failing that, a nicely curated Install folder of 6.0.8 and another for 7.1 that doesn't trip on needing to insert a physical disk (ie- not depend on mounted virtual disk images).
-I can't use Disk Jockey myself, which allows an arbitrary size and specific HD driver of your choice. Just, nobody has made lean images for Mac Plus yet, there are only these jumbo 1+ Gb things.

rjkucia

Tinkerer
Dec 21, 2021
Madison, Wisconsin, USA
I might be able to get this for you when I get home today. btw with RaSCSI you can zip the images for upload, and then unzip them - this will make the transfer much faster

• Wow
Reactions: Mu0n

Mu0n

Active Tinkerer
Oct 29, 2021
Quebec
www.youtube.com
visual on the problem

it hangs near the mid point during any copy of any file from any source (CD image, dsk from FloppyEMU, etc). I can't exit out of this dialog, but I can move the cursor and see it moving. This only happens on the Plus, not on any other machine (ie SE/30, etc)

1663860424621.png