SE/30 Logic Board and Analog Board Recapped, Boot Chime Quickly Followed By Death Chime, Nothing Shows On Screen

BespokeMan

New Tinkerer
May 21, 2024
I got my SE/30 two years ago and I've been working on and off it since then. When I got this unit it would boot chime to the missing floppy icon. The battery wasn't bombed but there was some leaking cap juice which I've cleaned up. I recently recapped the logic and analog boards. I've left the PSU board alone for now.

I turned on the switch at the back and it does a boot chime quickly followed by a death chime which is the first time I've heard/read of it happening. I've attached a video so you can hear the sounds it makes. Nothing shows on the screen as well. What do you think is wrong and where should I begin diagnosing?

Attachments

• IMG_7190.MOV
    4.9 MB · Views: 0

BespokeMan

New Tinkerer
May 21, 2024
Turns out the brightness was turned down. When I turned it up I got this Simasimac pattern. If the Dead Mac Scrolls is to be followed the problem is the ROM?

Attachments

• IMG_7209.jpg
    IMG_7209.jpg
    256.8 KB · Views: 28
Nov 27, 2022

BespokeMan

New Tinkerer
May 21, 2024
So I tried swapping out RAM sticks and only testing four SIMMs at a time but it didn't work. I also submerged the board in vinegar, washed it soap and distilled water, submerged again in IPA then air dried plus compressed air but still no dice.

Nov 27, 2022
So I tried swapping out RAM sticks and only testing four SIMMs at a time but it didn't work. I also submerged the board in vinegar, washed it soap and distilled water, submerged again in IPA then air dried plus compressed air but still no dice.
Do you have a multimeter? Have you gone through the matrix I linked to check the data lines and address lines for the video?