SE/30 Y3 Crystal Replacement Recommendation?

Nov 27, 2022
Greetings,
Wondering if someone can help me to replace the Y3 Crystal one of my three broken SE/30 boards I'm trying to repair.
Afraid that the legs just couldn't take an ultrasonic cleaning and broke off right at the base; I tried replacing it with one of these https://www.mouser.ca/ProductDetail/774-ATS169-E units I had from mouser as I thought that the frequency was correct but it doesn't appear to work.

I get no sound when I try this crystal in the board with known working sound (immediate death chime) and all it did was crackle. If I put an original crystal in I get normal sound on the same board so obviously I've missed something.

Anyone know what will work and maybe a link to mouser or digikey please?

Thanks for any assistance!

EDIT: Okay I think I found my error in the Crystal I ordered. Was talking with a local electronics expert and he suggested that I check the capacitors around the oscillator on the schematic and see what pf they are vs the pf of the Crystal I ordered. Sure enough I ordered a 20pf Crystal but the schematic suggests I need 33pf. Mouser doesn't seem to have any 33pf Crystals though (closest I found was 30pf). So does anyone know of an alternative that works?

Note the board I'm working on has video but no sound atm (well some sounds sometimes if I hit restart and interrupt a few times I almost hear the death chimes)

Last edited: