Testing Needed: Apple CD/DVD Driver 1.4.8 Universal For 7.1 - 9.2.2 (SCSI Drives)

rdmark

Staff member
Oct 3, 2021
Yep, I can put it up on Macintosh Garden. I'll do it right now.

Edit: Ok, I have it uploaded to Macintosh Garden.

Please respond in this thread with any information regarding success or failure rather than on the Macintosh Garden page, since I will probably forget to check the Macintosh Garden page.

Do you think it would make sense to merge this Mac Garden page with the below? It has a collection of three other variants of hacked Apple optical drivers.

BTW, you may have seen this already but there's this classic article lifted from a magazine in 1998 that describes a very similar hack (which was adapted for the patched extensions hosted above.) I'd be curious how this hack compares with yours!

Paralel

Tinkerer
Dec 14, 2022
Do you think it would make sense to merge this Mac Garden page with the below? It has a collection of three other variants of hacked Apple optical drivers.

BTW, you may have seen this already but there's this classic article lifted from a magazine in 1998 that describes a very similar hack (which was adapted for the patched extensions hosted above.) I'd be curious how this hack compares with yours!

I think its makes sense to merge it with that page once the bugs are worked out. Since this one isn't working 100% yet I'd hate for someone to download it thinking it will work for them at this point.

The edit to the 1.4.8 extension is substantially similar. If one compares the modified extension in the first post, with the original extension attached to one of my posts further down, you can see that the differences are very small. But, something isn't quite right since it should have worked correctly for Nixontheknight, instead of triggering an exception, since the original extension worked without issue.

I'm still trying to figure out what isn't quite right. I went over the editing I did, and it should have worked. I'm not quite sure what is causing the issue.

Reactions: rdmark

Nixontheknight

Tinkerer
Nov 3, 2021
I think its makes sense to merge it with that page once the bugs are worked out. Since this one isn't working 100% yet I'd hate for someone to download it thinking it will work for them at this point.

The edit to the 1.4.8 extension is substantially similar. If one compares the modified extension in the first post, with the original extension attached to one of my posts further down, you can see that the differences are very small. But, something isn't quite right since it should have worked correctly for Nixontheknight, instead of triggering an exception, since the original extension worked without issue.

I'm still trying to figure out what isn't quite right. I went over the editing I did, and it should have worked. I'm not quite sure what is causing the issue.
It might just be pickyness with my LC III, I did overclock it from 25MHz to 33MHz, though that might not be the case