The NABU computer

ClassicHasClass

Tinkerer
Aug 30, 2022
www.floodgap.com
It's an interesting system but (even by the standards of the era) quite limited. You're basically having to start off finding or writing, then burning your own EPROMs, to do anything notable. I love the look of it but it would gather dust in my house. And I say that as someone sitting next to a Commodore 128DCR, which would be in the same technological class (even having the Z80 as one of its CPUs!) but definitely in a far more functional one.

Reactions: Bolkonskij

Patrick

Tinkerer
Oct 26, 2021
as someone who owns one....

thats very true. its still in its box. my hope is i'll eventually get it up and going enough to connect it to the irc / chat thingie. but i don't hold out much hope i will do more with it.

Daniel Hansen

Tinkerer
Oct 29, 2021
Also as someone who owns one... I think what you get out of it is going to be more directly connected to what you put into it than you would find with any other vintage platform... even if you take advantage of modern floppy controller and mass storage solutions (if you're not super keen on being tethered through the adapter) an existing rich software and networking ecosystem doesn't exist - it's being built today by hobbyists (and also migrated from compatible systems).

Unless you're dedicated to the project or have a ton of extra time, it's going to gather dust after the initial novelty wears off.

Reactions: Patrick