VCF Midwest September, 10-11 2022

Eric's Edge

Tinkerer
Oct 31, 2021
I will be attending the Vintage Computer Festival Midwest in Elmhurst, IL. This is the first For me.

Thought I’d start a thread to discuss what it’s like, who will be there, any swap/sale items you might bring or what you are hoping to find.

I’m looking for a Macintosh IIcx compatible monitor and ImageWriter printer, maybe a parallel/SCSI Zip drive, as well as whatever else catches my ◔_◔. Who knows what wonderful things we’ll find!

I’ll have some Amiga software and manuals to give away. MaxiPlan Plus, III, and 4.

Oct 15, 2021
I will be attending the Vintage Computer Festival Midwest in Elmhurst, IL. This is the first For me.

Thought I’d start a thread to discuss what it’s like, who will be there, any swap/sale items you might bring or what you are hoping to find.

I’m looking for a Macintosh IIcx compatible monitor and ImageWriter printer, maybe a parallel/SCSI Zip drive, as well as whatever else catches my ◔_◔. Who knows what wonderful things we’ll find!

I’ll have some Amiga software and manuals to give away. MaxiPlan Plus, III, and 4.

I will be there, and can bring you a CRT and an Imagewriter.

ScutBoy

Administrator
Staff member
Founder
Sep 2, 2021
Northfield, MN USA
I will be there - already booked my hotel. I should have a couple of friends from previous years with me as well.

I may post up here a list of things I'd bring if I know they would sell; for example I probably wouldn't haul my 3B2 and DMD terminal unless I was pretty sure there was someone who would buy it there...

I'll probably have a good lot of Sparcstations and external SCSI periphs for them and for Macs as well. I seem to have a lot of external SCSI cases of various types.

Kai Robinson

TinkerDifferent Board President 2023
Staff member
Founder
Sep 2, 2021
Worthing, UK
Always jealous of these VCF events that exist there - I don't know of anything like that here in the UK that's as wide ranging, it's usually a single user group like amiga/atari or the like, and small in scope, like the village hall.

• Sad
Reactions: JDW and Eric's Edge

Crutch

Tinkerer
Jul 10, 2022
Chicago
I’m planning to check it out since it’s 30 minutes from me. It would be my first vintage computer fair/event of any kind, ever. What exactly does one do at these things?

You should swing by @Kai Robinson, there are tons of nonstops into O’Hare. :)

Also, this is my first ever post on this here forum (though I recognize many/most of you from elsewhere) … hello!

Eric's Edge

Tinkerer
Oct 31, 2021
I’m planning to check it out since it’s 30 minutes from me. It would be my first vintage computer fair/event of any kind, ever. What exactly does one do at these things?

You should swing by @Kai Robinson, there are tons of nonstops into O’Hare. :)

Also, this is my first ever post on this here forum (though I recognize many/most of you from elsewhere) … hello!
This will be my first too. There are several YouTube walkarounds you can watch. Here's one from VCF East earlier this year.

Freshestcream

Tinkerer
Nov 4, 2021
Milwaukee
Which vintage Mac do you upload pictures from your QT 150 camera? Out of curiosity, have you uploaded to a Mac SE or SE/30?
So far I've only dumped photos on my PPC 7300/400 but the software works on anything with a 68020 or higher if I remember correctly. I may have to bring a compact mac to the fest unload the pics.. or get my G3 Wallstreet working.

ScutBoy

Administrator
Staff member
Founder
Sep 2, 2021
Northfield, MN USA
So far I've only dumped photos on my PPC 7300/400 but the software works on anything with a 68020 or higher if I remember correctly. I may have to bring a compact mac to the fest unload the pics.. or get my G3 Wallstreet working.
In 2019(?) a guy was walking around with a floppy-based Mavica. He'd take a picture of you and your display, and then pop out the disk and give it to you. Pretty cool!