VCFMW 2024 - September 7-8

MacEffects

Administrator
Sep 3, 2021
We are just under a month away. Just wanted to post a reminder about the upcoming VCFMW that will be at an awesome new venue. MacEffects and friends will be there, so we hope you too can come join. Feel free to post here if you are going to be going. If we've not met in person, I'll make sure we do this year. :cool:

MacEffects

Administrator
Sep 3, 2021
I am excited to meet all of you! I will be booth-free and walking around exploring the con with Maccy!

I should have about 3-4ft extra at the MacEffects tables, so if you and Maccy would like to have a place to stay you are welcome to it.

Last year there were so many people asking about the Macintosh Librarian and they all seemed quite disappointed you weren't there!

Brin

New Tinkerer
Sep 22, 2023
My son and I will be there. Haven't caught up with my project and post but I think I will bring the Kodak DCS 200 from 1992 and take some show pics to post at a whopping 1.5megapixels. Maybe I can even transfer them to a vintage computer before the next show. Hopefully too I can meet a few fellow Tinkerers.

Reactions: eric and SteveHere

eric

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 2, 2021
MN
scsi.blue
Was a ton of fun to see everyone there. So much to see and while I didn't get a booth so I could see the show, I feel like I still missed 1/3 the show because of how big it was. I felt the new venue overall was great - big enough for sure. Wish the prices of the hotel were more reasonable but when you need big space that's what you get.

Everyone was friendly and got some great deals:

A TAM (didn't think I'd get one but someone the first day walked in and I chatted with him, didn't sell so I threw in an offer, he countered, we shook hands)

Disks of things like Think-C 4, Dark Castle, and some other random utilities.

Bunch of SCSI adapters and terminators.

An Baby AT case to put my SCSI PC build into instead of all over in parts.

Nice SCSI card out of a server and some ECC ram.

PCI network card, S3 VGA card.

A retro game someone built for the Commodore 128 (comes with a SD card and an emulator too, I don't have a 128!)

Sold some stuff and put some stuff that didn't on the free pile and it was gone in a second.

Panel talk went great - was fun hearing the other perspectives of retro builders and chat.

Cant wait for next year!

TAM:
1725909992834.png

Panel:
1725910051499.png

@Brin at VCF MW 2023 bought a BlueSCSI and got it working in this camera with a SCSI Drive - neat!
1725910093533.png

JDW

Administrator
Staff member
Founder
Sep 2, 2021
Japan
youtube.com
Wow, @eric , that was a pretty incredible haul!

Somebody needs to hurry up and invent teleportation so I can attend those shows on a regular basis!
(Or be given the power of Q... whichever.)

MacEffects

Administrator
Sep 3, 2021
Wow, @eric , that was a pretty incredible haul!

Somebody needs to hurry up and invent teleportation so I can attend those shows on a regular basis!
(Or be given the power of Q... whichever.)

Maybe we can arrange a GoFundMe or something to help raise funds for you to attend next year. I would totally contribute and you are welcome to stay here with me!

It really is an amazing event. It was great to see so many friends in the community.

Reactions: JDW

KennyPowers

Active Tinkerer
Jun 27, 2022
I drove up from Pittsburgh this year with my wife and a friend (first VCF for both of them), and we all had a blast. It was great meeting everyone and just geeking out for a couple days. My wife and I won't be home for another few days as we continued up into Wisconsin to see family, so I haven't got to play with any of my new toys yet. Trying to remember what all I bought/traded-for...a socketed Diimo SE/30 accelerator I'd been drooling over and a blinky ROM SIMM interposer from zigzagjoe, a PCI Radeon 9250 for my G4 7600, some internal SCSI zip/jazz drives, several NuBus cards, an A2 joystick, an M0110 keyboard, a bunch of books and manuals from the free pile, and some stuff I'm probably forgetting. I also put some stuff on the free pile Friday afternoon, and I don't think any of it made to Saturday...some CRTs, PC towers, an Apple universal monitor stand...

My intention this year was to come back with significantly fewer cubic feet of "stuff" than I brought, and I almost succeeded...until my wife sat down to kill some time waiting for me and my friend to finish shopping and won Scott Baret's Oregon Trail tournament! So she's bringing home her very own complete, recapped LC system...monitor, peripherals, everything. She was super excited. We think we're going to give it to our friend who attended with us who's been wanting to get into 68k Macs, so that's another young(er) person prolonging the hobby (y)

So @max1zzz, how's the LC support for your accelerator/ethernet combo coming along? Asking for a friend :)

Last edited: