Verizon 5G internet

Certificate of Excellence

Active Tinkerer
Nov 1, 2021
United Sates
I've been shopping around for faster home internet as my old phone lines have centurylink ADSL capped at 24mbps and I average around 20-21 with no activity - with a SD movie, or kids streaming toonies, I'm looking at around 7-10 free. I was about to pull the plug on Xfinity 200mbps at $45m but was buying a new iphone and the Verizon rep sold me on Verizon 5G for $25 added to my bill as there is a Verizon 5G relay in place very close to my home. Just plugged it in this morning and am averaging around 170mbps which is a vast improvement from what I was getting through CL at a slight savings no less. I have a month to try it out so have both at the moment. The iron test for me is both my wife and I work from home and leverage zoom quite a bit, so if we can both improve our experience & productivity with this service, I will be happy to drop CL and carry on for an extra $25 a month with Verizon.

One caveat is to get $25, you need to have auotpay but most providers I reviewed have this discount and increases by at least $10 without it. I am happy so far.

Certificate of Excellence

Active Tinkerer
Nov 1, 2021
United Sates
I'm looking at such an option for a van life friend. How has the latency been with VZW?
It has been great. I don't regret the move to VZW at all. In every way, it has been superior to ADSL through my phone carrier. Set up was a breeze - plugged it in, found the network and have been on since. I have had a two times where service did not stop but did slow down over the past 6 months or so. The old "cycle yer box" fixed the speed.

Again, I couldnt be happier with thid service as it stands for the cost. Value is magnitudes better than the previous carrier.

badferday

Tinkerer
Jan 26, 2024
It has been great. I don't regret the move to VZW at all. In every way, it has been superior to ADSL through my phone carrier. Set up was a breeze - plugged it in, found the network and have been on since. I have had a two times where service did not stop but did slow down over the past 6 months or so. The old "cycle yer box" fixed the speed.

Again, I couldnt be happier with thid service as it stands for the cost. Value is magnitudes better than the previous carrier.
That's awesome to hear! Thank you.