JDW

Administrator
Staff member
Founder
Sep 2, 2021
Japan
youtube.com
I've spent the last two months working like mad on a comparison of the new (July 2024) Baby Face Electronics Power Supply, comparing it to my stock recapped SONY PSU and also to the SEASONIC PSU that I've been using since 2018. I also successfully tried the 16AWG wire recommendation by @zigzagjoe and found that the +5v voltage levels measured at the motherboard rise to a meaningful degree. Those fabulous pre-crimped 16AWG wires even worked well when I upgraded the wiring harness included with the the Micron Xceed Grayscale Kit, despite the fact that harness uses 18AWG wires (versus the ridiculously thing 22AWG wires found in the SE & SE/30 stock harness).

The result of my labors is the video below, which walks you through everything, from start to finish:

I packed the video description with important info, as usual. But to make it more convenient, here's the link to my Measurement Spreadsheet:

naruse

New Tinkerer
Sep 14, 2024
Just saw the video -- I currently dont need a PSU (I am planning to recap mine on the macs I have) -- But 100% agree with you that a nice (and easy) upgrade would be to upgrade the harness to a thicker wire.

Also thanks a lot for sharing the comparison and the excel sheet!

Reactions: JDW